Tuesday 12 October 2010

A counter-attack against vulgarism I

Sometimes apathy overruns my head and plays a game called "everyone around me seems to have absolutely different view of life" and it's mostly true. Every single person sees life diversely. I, on the other hand, tend to think that I have a more peculiar view of life. Since I can remember I had always used logic to find a solution to any problem. I would consider every outcome of every possible solution and choose the one which would make me most happy. This rule would apply even when trying to find a solution for problems related to "love":
-           Would you like a refill, Nate? - a pleasant voice of a waitress interrupted my mind.
-           No, thank you, I'm good - she smiled at me and walked away to the other table.
I was having breakfast in a small restaurant called "Eden", the name itself attracted me the moment I saw it and after a while it became a tradition to have breakfast here. I prefer having breakfast here because this way I can enjoy my morning and don't have to spend time making the breakfast myself, not that I'm in a hurry, I have been unemployed for a week now. This also has something to do with my "peculiar" way of seeing life. I had a well-paid job but I didn't enjoy it, so a couple of months later I decided to quit. I had earned enough money to last me for another couple of months so at the moment I wasn't concerned about not having a job.
            "Eden" was a small but quiet restaurant and that was probably my favorite feature about it. I love being around people but too much noise instantly makes me grab my headphones and isolate myself from the environment. The people working in the restaurant were all nice individuals, I mean they were never rude with their customers and they understood the fact that I'm not much of a "conversation starter", so they would usually leave me alone with my plate of waffles and a cup of fruit tea:
-           Thanks for the breakfast Jeremy! - I shouted through the noise of the kitchen to the chef.
-           Have a nice morning Nate! - I paid my bill and left the restaurant. It was a beautiful morning in the city. I wasn't much of a driver so I went to the bus stop and took the bus going to the central park. It was spring so I couldn't imagine a better place to relax then the central park, lying on the grass and enjoying the early breeze. As always I took my camera with me and I was feeling in the mood to take some pictures. One would think that after 8 years of living in the same city one would run out of things to shoot. But every day is different from another, every day you can see something unique. I was taking photos of the fountain, of all the people in the park, sometimes it feels like just pushing the shutter button is enough to have fun with photography, the sound of the mirror going up and down is probably my favorite sound in the world. I turned to the right, the lens of my photo camera was pointing to a girl sitting alone on the bench wearing a beautiful, colorful dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment