Wednesday 23 January 2013

The Duality of man

                             Ever since I was young I had difficulty with fitting in. At the time I did not quite understand why it was like that, nor did I bother myself with questioning the meaning behind it. But since recently, I cannot not do it. The best answer I have yet found is to blame it on the constant fight between the Introvert and the Extrovert inside me. Granted, there are not a lot of Extrovert qualities in me, yet still, the fight goes on. I often want to be the guy who is in good terms with everyone, maybe even everyone’s “buddy” but then again the Introvert inside me does not like to be in center of attention often. What’s more, my inner Introvert is not really keen on people who are friends with everyone. I am sure it might be fun and rewarding sometimes but I do a better job when I am concentrated on one thing. To me it always seems that people who are everyone’s good friend might come across as not truly earnest. Have you ever noticed how easily I get off topic? While I do often want to be that guy, I still cannot force myself to do that. It does not feel natural to me. While the Introvert inside me is not trying to be everyone’s friend, he still gets half there, on his own pace. It might be one of the reasons why I like to hold on to things I already know, since it is quite a challenge to build something similar from ground up.
                             There is something inside me, constantly questioning my own idea of me.
                             One day, I am in love with myself, with how I look, how I come across, how I don’t care if anyone sees me lip syncing my favorite song of Radiohead in the bus or notice me trying not to laugh out loud at the tech related pun I just heard listening to The Vergecast.
                             The other, I doubt everything about me, my love for photography, my ability to create, ability to be something more than average. Those days I truly think that being great even extraordinary at one thing is much better than being average at several things.

                             A counter attack against vulgarism 2.0



No comments:

Post a Comment